Overview (Program Summary)
The role of legal operations continues to be elevated within corporate legal as departments of all sizes expand capabilities, and infrastructure needs for in-house counsel grow. In-house legal spending increased 13% from 2018 to 2020* and 61% of legal departments now employ at least one legal operations professional, a 39.4% increase since 2015.
With the increased investment in and emphasis on legal operations comes added responsibility and expectations to deliver on the promise of creating greater efficiency in corporate legal.
In-house counsel along with their operations colleagues are invited to join ACC Northeast and FTI for this important webinar. For anyone new to this legal operations role, or those with increased responsibility, creating efficiencies by focusing on technology modernization will help deliver value in 2021. Deana Uhl, Managing Director at FTI Consulting, and MaryBeth Blair, Legal Operations Director at UNFI will describe how best to actively engage in this modernization effort in order to help shape your departments' future and help you become true strategic partners in the business.
Areas of focus for this discussion will include:
- Identifying and assessing existing business processes and technology infrastructure;
- Legal operations and in-house counsel alignment on future state roadmaps, dependencies, and budget;
- Developing key metrics and ROI;
- Selecting and deploying technologies and supporting processes.
Register below. Dial-in will be sent 24 hours prior to the webinar.
- Deana Uhl, Managing Director, FTI Consulting
- MaryBeth Blair, Legal Operations Director, UNFI