Dentons Durham Jones & Pinegar
111 S. Main St. Suite 2400
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Overview (Program Summary)
John Walch will provide insights on the recent statutory and Biden administration changes to benefit plans, featuring important discussions with regard to fiduciary duties, health and retirement plans, COBRA and other benefit plans and current issues facing employers and plan sponsors.
Topics will include
• Trending ERISA Litigation and Impact on Plans
• Qualified Retirement Plans
• ERISA Plan Governance and Scope of Fiduciary Responsibilities
• Final DOL Rule for Selection of Investments (e.g. ESG investing) and proxy voting
• Fiduciary Regulation and Enforcement: Initial Developments and What to Expect under a Biden DOL
• Employee Retention Credit Extended Once Again • The New 162(m) Rules in Recent Legislation
• COBRA Subsidies and FSA carryovers, benefit limits and eligibility
Register Here to attend via Webinar (CLE presentation 12:00-1:00 pm)
John Walch is a shareholder in Dentons’ Salt Lake City office. With more than 30-years of experience exclusively with employee benefit plans, Mr. Walch works with employers to resolve issues relating to a broad range of qualified and non-qualified benefit plans. Mr. Walch has worked with employers regarding their equity-based incentive plans, ESOPs, non-qualified deferred compensation plans, qualified retirement (pensions, profit sharing, 401(k), 403 and 457) plans and welfare benefit plans, including health, cafeteria and flexible spending plans.