The Mission of the Pro Bono/ Public Service Committee is to contribute to pro bono legal work and public service consistent with ACC Michigan Chapter's mission. The committee does this by supporting, enhancing, and transforming the pro bono and public service efforts of in-house legal departments in the State of Michigan. Specifically, this can occur through:
- Providing, organizing, and facilitating pro bono legal work and public service opportunities or ACC Michigan members.
- Directing budgeted ACC Michigan funds to pro bono legal and public service organizations whose work is consistent with the mission of ACC Michigan and its members.
- Some combination of any or all the above.
The time commitment of Committee members can be as much or as little as desired or possible. It is recognized that pro bono work can be most effective when tied to a person's interest and capability. Past projects include:
- Publicizing pro bono legal work and public service opportunities that may be of interest to ACC Michigan members.
- Liaison with Michigan Community Resources for individuals pro bono opportunities serving Michigan non-profit corporations.
- Periodically working with Michigan Community Resources to Sponsor a 1/2 day legal services clinic for non-profit corporations.
- Creating and directing a program to issue ACC Michigan budgeted grants to pro bono legal and public service organizations.