Houston Corporate Counsel Award Nominations are Now Open
The nominations deadline has been extended through Friday, March 3.
The Association of Corporate Counsel’s Houston Chapter and The Texas Lawbook are accepting nominations for the 2023 Houston Corporate Counsel Awards. The nomination process is extended to March 3, 2023.
Finalists will be announced in April. The 2023 Houston Corporate Counsel Awards ceremony is set for Thursday, May 4, 2023, at the Four Seasons Hotel in downtown Houston.
This year's award categories include:
Here are five critical suggestions when completing your nominations:
1. Make the submission as detailed and substantive as possible. The judges (I am not a judge) want the nominations to show them why the person deserves the award. Just saying the person is the best lawyer and manager ever doesn't cut it.
2. Write the submission in the narrative. Tell a story about the person you are nominating that showcases their expertise and their personality.
3. Provide biographical background on the person you are nominating.
4. Fill out all of the category fields. If you leave blank the number of lawyers in the company's legal department, the judges will not know which category fits the submission. And the nomination must have the name of a lawyer from the firm that submits the nomination so that the comments in the nomination can be attributed to a lawyer at the firm.
5. For the three categories (M&A Deal of the Year, Business Litigation of the Year and Creative Partnership) that honors the in-house counsel and outside lawyers, please keep in mind that the in-house counsel is the actual nominee - not the law firms.
We plan to publish lengthy profiles of each of the winners. The information provided in the nomination form will be used in the article.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. My email is email@example.com. My cell phone is 214.232.6783.
Now, get to making those nominations. And please contact Brooks Igo for information on sponsoring the awards program.