The Chapter Job Board is a free service for ACC Greater Philadelphia member companies where in-house attorney job postings can be listed and viewed by any chapter member. Our goal with this page is to help connect chapter members and companies with each other in the job search process.
Postings may not explicitly or implicitly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, disability, source of income, or place of residence or business, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Job postings coordinated by legal recruiters can not be listed on this page and instead must be promoted through the ACC In-house Jobline (http://www.acc.com/jobline/index.cfm).
Posted on June 2, 2021
POSITION: AVP, Legal Counsel-M&A
LOCATION: Work From Home (US)
DESCRIPTION: Provide legal support, due diligence, and advice regarding Enstar’s M&A transactions and strategic investments
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables:
Legal support to the M&A Team
- advising on various acquisitions and reinsurance transactions, including a broad range of stock purchase, mergers, reinsurance agreements, divestitures, strategic investments and other transactions;
- performing legal due diligence;
- reviewing, drafting and negotiating transaction and ancillary documents and working with outside counsel, as necessary;
- identifying risks and issues (both legal and commercial) and assisting with the development of solutions;
- advising and preparing regulatory approvals and change of control applications;
- executing transaction signings and closings;
- providing legal support on post-completion and integration matters; and
- review and negotiation of non-disclosure agreements and other process related documents.
Provide legal support to and communicate with the wider Group Legal team and Legal M&A team, particularly with respect to intercompany transactions and agreements, corporate reorganizations and integrating newly acquired businesses and entities.
Other corporate legal and regulatory matters as assigned by manager and Group Head of Legal from time to time.
Education & Experience:
- US qualified lawyer with a minimum of five (5) years relevant post qualification corporate insurance (M&A) experience.
- Experience in international corporate insurance (M&A) transactions, collateralized reinsurance transactions and other acquisition transactions.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing transaction documents, conducting due diligence, preparing ancillary transaction documents and managing transactions.
- Additional experience with the insurance run-off industry, a plus.
- Additional experience in divestitures, restructuring and reorganization transactions, preferred.
- Additional experience with private equity and other alternative investments, a plus.
- Sound knowledge of the insurance and reinsurance industry.
- Knowledge of the corporate insurance and regulatory environment.
- Expertise in drafting corporate insurance (M&A) transaction documents.
- General corporate law and contractual principles.
General Skills / Attributes:
- Experience of managing corporate insurance transactions in the insurance and reinsurance industry.
- Excellent analytical, legal and presentation skills.
- The ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner with both senior management and local management.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Commitment to ensuring high quality work product and timeliness of response.
- Attention to detail and flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances.
- The ability to work cooperatively in a team environment with peers and others, including by sharing information and workload
- The ability to work in accordance with the Group Legal mission, vision, and values and contribute positively to the Group Legal Team’s culture
Posted on May 21, 2021
POSITION: Senior Counsel
COMPANY: IQVIA Inc.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. IQVIA Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
LOCATION: Plymouth Meeting, PA
JOB OVERVIEW: Provides legal advice and counsel within a function, region and/or country.
- Provides varied high-level legal assistance to IQVIA companies in complying with laws, meeting business objectives, protecting assets and minimizing risks.
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates a broad range of commercial contracts with suppliers, customers, vendors and others, including data licensing, consulting, clinical services, software-as-a-service and outsourced services agreements. Ensures contracts are in compliance with organizational policies and standards.
- Provides advice with respect to the protection and commercialization of IQVIA’s software, database, information technology and other intellectual property assets.
- Provides support to the business on a range of legal topics, and consults with legal department subject matters experts and outside counsel, as needed.
- Collaborates with and facilitates decision-making among multiple internal stakeholders.
- Engages in and leads process improvement and other projects, and collaborates with other team members on maintaining and creating templates, processes and policies.
- Conducts training.
- Supervises and coordinates engagements with outside counsel.
- Manages others where requested.
- Juris Doctor (or equivalent) and an active license to practice law in applicable jurisdiction.
- Minimum of eight (8) years in-house legal department, law firm and/or other relevant legal experience.
- Effective organizational, planning, project management, communication, presentation, interpersonal, pragmatic problem-solving and influence skills.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and/or drug development process preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated sound decision-making skills.
- Skilled in using MS Office Suite: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
Posted on February 26, 2021
POSITION: Senior Counsel, Transactions
LOCATION: Exton, PA
DESCRIPTION: With the guidance and supervision of the Vice President - Deputy General Counsel (Transactional), provides general legal support (excluding litigation and HR support) on transactional and commercial matters affecting one or more RICOH business units and/or corporate functions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates transactional agreements and other legal documents, including contracts with customers and vendors as follows:
- Customer-facing contracts in support of Ricoh's direct sales efforts, including, equipment sales, Article 2A finance leases, service agreements, labor outsourcing agreements, professional services agreements and IT services agreements.
- Engage with supply chain management, technology, alliance, IT and other departments of Ricoh in negotiating, drafting and reviewing major and/or non-standard commercial and technology contracts with Ricoh vendors, including licensing agreements, maintenance agreements, professional services agreements, cloud services agreements, software as a service agreements, e-commerce agreements, development agreements, evaluation agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Works with Ricoh sales professionals in structuring, drafting and negotiating customer-facing contracts and complex statements of work, and works with internal clients in structuring and negotiating inbound technology transactions.
- Provides legal advice, guidance and training to corporate and local management on legal and risk issues arising from the day-to-day business of the company.
- Offers creative solutions to help resolve business issues and eliminate blockers.
- Coordinates advice from subject matter experts.
- Advises management on any disputes between the company and any of its customers or vendors. Collaborates with assigned litigation resources in Ricoh's response to and resolution of such disputes
- Understands and promotes compliance with the company's policies and programs designed to minimize the company's legal exposure and operational risks, including, but not limited to, the company's Code of Ethics, Non-Standard Document Policy, and Signing Authority Policy
- Upon prior approval of General Counsel and/or Vice President - Deputy General Counsel and when necessary, retains and supervises work of outside counsel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Requires 2+ years of corporate or transactional experience at a large law firm and/or the legal department of a significant corporation; and strong knowledge of commercial and corporate law.
- Requires degree from a reputable, accredited law school and admission to the bar of at least one state.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Posted on January 30, 2021
POSITION: Senior Counsel - Research & Development
COMPANY: Spark Therapeutics
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
DESCRIPTION: The Senior Counsel – Research & Development is primarily responsible for advising and collaborating with stakeholders in R&D, business development and clinical organization in support of investigational assets and a broad range of R&D-related activities. The successful candidate will meet with R&D/BD, clinical and medical affairs clients and offer solution-oriented approaches to help achieve their business objectives. He/she will also be expected to learn and understand new scientific approaches as necessary to support this work. As a dedicated strategic partner, the Senior Counsel will:
- Review, interpret, negotiate and draft various transactions in support of R&D strategic imperatives such as industry collaborations (selective program/product/field/territory in/out licensing, term sheets, M&A, JV, alliance, evaluation and option arrangements), academic collaborations (in-licenses, sponsored research, research collaborations, material transfer agreements), clinical trial related agreement, investigator-initiated trial agreements, and consortiums.
- Provide legal support and guidance issues arising in research and development, pharmacovigilance, regulatory, compliance, including all applicable GxP requirements. This is an opportunity to work collaboratively cross-functionally with stakeholders in research, business development, alliance management, medical affairs, new product planning, and other business functions to support R&D initiatives.
- Responsible for providing practical and timely legal guidance on issues related to scientific, medical and clinical initiatives, Scientific Congresses, scientific educational programs and advisory boards.
- Advise stakeholders on legal issues risk, will review corporate policies and procedures and assist the Associate General Counsel- Global Research and Development on other legal projects as-needed.He/she may serve as a legal representative on confidential projects, perform due diligence or facilitate risk assessments. The Senior Counsel represents the legal group on various committees and teams that are convened by stakeholders as may be requested by those functions and the Associate General Counsel or General Counsel.
- Draft, negotiate and advise on partnering agreements that support R&D business objectives, including but not limited to: academic and industry collaborations, sponsored research, clinical trial related agreements, licenses, option agreements; advise cross-functional teams on legal risk while still facilitating innovation; perform due diligence and activities related to legal assessment of potential assets.
- Advise and provide legal guidance to support business initiatives to stakeholders in research, business development, medical affairs, regulatory, clinical, commercial development and other business functions in a manner that advances the company's strategy, addresses legal/regulatory risks and maintains the company's integrity and reputation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Generally has 7 years of related experience at a major law firm or in-house experience with a major pharmaceutical and/or biotech company.
- Juris Doctor (JD) in at least one jurisdiction is required.
- Extensive transactional experience, including drafting and negotiating a wide variety of agreements and the ability to influence and work collaboratively at all levels and across functions.
- Knowledge of issues impacting clinical research and development, such as informed consent, patient recruitment, contractual arrangements with investigators, IND submissions, CMC and GxP matters, and other legal aspects of regulatory compliance involved in R&D activities, particularly for cell and gene therapy, a plus.
- General familiarity with the laws and regulations governing the pharmaceutical industry, including FDA regulations, False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, OIG guidance, the PhRMA Code and HIPAA.
- Ability to build credibility and communicate effectively with individuals and teams in Spark functions and to inspire confidence and support for legal department initiatives.
KEY SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Strong collaboration, critical thinking, and negotiation skills to influence cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience building and cultivating relationships with key partners and stakeholders across all organizational levels.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines.
- Abiding interest in and knowledge of the burgeoning gene therapy industry.