This year’s honorees and honorable mentions hail from the UAE, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, and the United States, and include senior positions at Fortune 500 and Global 500 companies.
WASHINGTON (June 23, 2021) – The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) announced the recipients of the 10th annual 2021 Top 10 30-Somethings Awards. Sponsored by Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr LLP, the awards celebrate the achievements of 10 international in-house counsel between the ages of 30 and 39. This year, three honorable mentions were included based on the incredibly high caliber of their nominations.
The selection criteria consider innovative contributions to their corporate law department, company, or organization, as well as the depth and context of their participation in efforts to advance advocacy, pro bono services, and diversity in the legal profession.
“This outstanding group of in-house lawyers represent an unprecedented range of skill, determination, and leadership within their organizations and their communities – a level of talent and diversity of experience that results in wisdom beyond their years ,” said Veta T. Richardson, president and CEO of ACC. “Hailing from around the world, the 2021 Top 10 30-Something honorees bring strong work ethics and achievements that ACC is pleased to spotlight with admiration as they reach new heights in their careers and add value to their organizations. It is my pleasure to extend ACC’s warmest congratulations to these current and future leaders.”
ACC also thanks Saul Ewing for their tireless support of these awards.
The 2021 Top 10 30-Somethings and honorable mentions are:
- Anushree Bagrodia, Senior Managing Counsel (VP), Mastercard, USA
- Morgan Barber, Associate Counsel, The Humane League, USA
- Meng Choo Cheah, Head of Legal, SEA, ANZ & KR, Sephora Asia, Singapore
- Alicia Dietzen, General Counsel, KnowBe4, Inc., USA
- Joanne Flack, Senior Director, Legal, Rackspace Technology, USA
- Craig Katerberg, Chief Legal and Corporate Affairs Officer, Budweiser APAC, Hong Kong
- Tarek Nakkach, Regional Legal Counsel – UKIMESA, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, UAE
- Akshar Patel, Vice President, AGC Corporate & Commercial, Assistant Corporate Secretary, Flowserve Corporation, USA
- Nicole Tupman, Assistant General Counsel, Midco, USA
- Larry F. Venturelli, Attorney, Paralegal Team Manager, Zurich North America, USA
- Aida W. Babalola, Senior Legal Director, Global Employment Law, PepsiCo, USA
- Marisa Muchow, General Counsel, Metricon Homes Pty Ltd, Australia
- Concepcion “Conchita” Valenzuela, Deputy General Counsel, Confie, USA
ACC received 135 nominations from 12 different countries. This year’s cohort was selected by a 15-person judging panel, which included 10 previous Top 10 30-Somethings winners and was comprised of members from ACC’s global chapters.
Read more about the 2021 honorees in the ACC Docket.
About ACC: The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is a global legal association that promotes the common professional and business interests of in-house counsel who work for corporations, associations and other organizations through information, education, networking, and advocacy. With more than 45,000 members in 85 countries employed by over 10,000 organizations, ACC connects its members to the people and resources necessary for both personal and professional growth. By in-house counsel, for in-house counsel.® For more information, visit www.acc.com and follow ACC on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.